Call for Papers
For another consecutive year and past 20 years of success we have been having, the annual Hackers 2 Hackers Conference will be held again in Sao Paulo, on 9th & 10th December 2023, and aims to bring together industry, government, academia, and underground hackers to share knowledge and leading-edge ideas about information security and everything related to it.
H2HC will feature national and international speakers and attendees with a wide range of skills. The atmosphere is favorable to present all facets of computer security subject and will be a great opportunity to network with like-minded people and enthusiasts.
The conference is a dual-language conference, with ALL talks in the main auditorium in English or simultaneously translated to English by professional linguists with experience in computer science translation.
ABOUT THE VENUE
H2HC 20 Years will take place at Novotel Center Norte (site) in an auditorium with capacity for up to 600 people. There is another track, in parallel, in an auditorium in the same venue with capacity for up to 200 people. We also have a common area, that has many villages, events, etc. All in all, the conference hosts about 1500 attendees each day.
[*] About Sao Paulo (taken from fiquemaisumdia.com.br)
The city is the largest in Brazil and first in South America by population. Quite often Sao Paulo intimidates people because of its size, its constant pedestrian and vehicle traffic, ethnic and cultural multiplicity. Sao Paulo will surprise you whether you come here on business or for an expo, a congress or a convention. Stay for at least one more day. Let yourself be seduced by the cultural diversity of this multi-faceted city which vibrates, dictates fashion, is always anticipating trends, and welcomes Brazilians and foreigners from all over. And oh, do not forget to have fun in South America's wildest nightlife.
H2HC committee gives preference to lectures with practical demonstration. The conference staff will try to provide every equipment needed for the presentation in case the author cannot provide them.
The following topics are just a (non-comprehensive) list of examples:
- Exploit development techniques
- Telecom security and phone phreaking
- Fuzzing and application security test
- Penetration testing
- Web application security
- Techniques for development of secure software and systems
- Hardware hacking, embedded systems and other electronic devices
- Mobile devices exploitation, Symbian, P2K and bluetooth technologies
- Analysis of virus, worms and all sorts of malwares
- Reverse engineering
- Security in Wi-Fi and VoIP environments
- Information about smartcard and RFID security and similars
- Technical approach to alternative operating systems
- Denial of service attacks and/or countermeasures
- Security aspects in SCADA and industrial environments and "obscure" networks
- Lockpicking, trashing, physical security and urban exploration
- Internet, privacy and Big Brother
- Information warfare and industrial espionage
Conference and trainings - H2HC Sao Paulo/Brazil
- For our trainings, please visit the website
- 9th & 10th December 2023: H2HC 20 Years
Deadline and submissions
- Deadline for proposal submissions: October 1, 2023
- Deadline for slides submissions: October 17, 2023
Notification of acceptance or rejection: no before than October 10, 2023
* E-mail for proposal submissions: [cfp *noSPAM* h2hc.com.br]
Make sure to provide along with your submission the following details:
- Speaker name or handle, address, e-mail, phone number and general contact information
- A brief but informative description about your talk
- Short biography of the presenter, including organization, company and affiliations
- Estimated time-length of presentation
- General topic of the speech (eg.: network security, secure programming, computer forensics, etc.)
- Any other technical requirements for your lecture
- Whether you need visa to enter Brazil or not
Speakers will be allocated 50 minutes of presentation time, although, if needed, we can extend the presentation length if requested in advance.
Preferable file format for papers and slides are both PDF and also PPT for slides.
Speakers are asked to hand in slides used in their lectures.
PLEASE NOTE: Bear in mind no sales pitches will be allowed. If your presentation involves advertisement of products or services please do not submit.
INFORMATION TO SPEAKERS
Speakers' privileges are:
- H2HC staff can guarantee and we will provide accommodation for 2 nights
- For each non-Brazil resident speaker we might be able to cover travel expenses up to USD 1,200.00
- For each Brazil resident speaker we might be able to cover travel expenses
- Free pass to the conference
- Parties! Plenty of parties... Hope you enjoy it, otherwise you can stay in the hotel, sleep and regret!...
- pipacs - Maintainer, PaX Project
- spender - Maintainer, GRSecurity Project
- BSDaemon - Lead Security Researcher, L3 Harris Trenchant
- Marion Marschalek - Senior Security Researcher, Amazon Web Services
- Twitter of the conference: https://twitter.com/h2hconference
- Presentations from previous years: https://github.com/h2hconference
- Videos from previous years: https://youtube.com/h2hconference
We recommend encrypting all communications. Our key fingerprint: 17BA 5D5B 40C0 CA12 0965 CD30 C379 9510 8462 0E28